Ragnarök
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The supernatural

Go down 
+2
Frosty
Havoc
6 posters

Should supernatural elements be included in the story?
Yes
The supernatural Vote_lcap40%The supernatural Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
No
The supernatural Vote_lcap0%The supernatural Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Depends on where we're at
The supernatural Vote_lcap30%The supernatural Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Other (explain)
The supernatural Vote_lcap30%The supernatural Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:35 pm

There's a belief that the human psyche holds energy inside the brain that ebbs and grows with stimuli, it's believed this causes dreams- sort of psychic energy mixing with emotions and memories to influence the sleeping mind. Its also found under great amounts of stimuli a similar effects occur. Part of this belief is also the belief of ghosts, that psyche energy we build up in life doesn't is absorbed into the environment as heat. It gives rise to the idea that these residual energies contain elements of a person's memories and emotions whether they be fear or anger, this can especially compare if a massive amount of stimuli such as pain or fear is experienced before expiration.

My thoughts are in the story that in some locations where something terrible has happened or something isn't right with the place, our characters might experience strange phenomenons. Not exactly ghosts perhaps but feelings of being watched or unease, where even mutants and animals stay away from

Seeing as this is a very different element to what we have in mind I figured to make a poll as see what people's reactions are to the idea. Note that this would not change the story very hugely but provide for some interesting moments or side arcs that might occur.

Last edited by Havoc on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://omnicide.forumotion.com
Frosty

Frosty

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Would these supernatural be able to have a physical effect on the world, or is that still undecided?
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Frosty wrote:
Would these supernatural be able to have a physical effect on the world, or is that still undecided?

That's still undecided, I'd like to get people's feedback on ghosts in the first place before actually considering something like a poltergeist lol
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:43 pm

I think I'm okay with ghosts as long as they don't seem to have overt physical powers.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Frosty wrote:
I think I'm okay with ghosts as long as they don't seem to have overt physical powers.

There won't be like entire couches or something flying around even if they did have physical powers.

At most all that would happen is a character would leave a room and when they come back something would have moved like a chair was in one spot but now its right in front of the door
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi

Mesh'la Runi

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:41 pm

I picked everything but "no" because I'm quite open to the supernatural aspet, as I think it would be interesting. Like Frosty, I don't think any "ghosts" or what have you should possess strong physial powers, but I'm okay with little things like temperature changes, moved chairs, flickering lights, or maybe flashes of visions, etc.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Mesh'la Runi wrote:
I picked everything but "no" because I'm quite open to the supernatural aspet, as I think it would be interesting. Like Frosty, I don't think any "ghosts" or what have you should possess strong physial powers, but I'm okay with little things like temperature changes, moved chairs, flickering lights, or maybe flashes of visions, etc.

To me it isn't about the strong physical aspect of ghosts, I would of said no if thats what someone else wanted. That's not what the ghosts are about, they aren't some monster enemy you have to defeat ghostbuster's style. It's that haunting reminder that something here happened, something very bad and what ever it was did not leave. In that aspect is the fear of the unknown, you wouldn't know if it could hurt you or not. Like what happens if you follow the flickering lights? Where do the visions lead you? Would you die or would you find something that was best forgotten?

That element of the supernatural is what I want, that fear of the unknown and things we don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi

Mesh'la Runi

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah I got that Havok, hence why I was agreeing with it. Razz
Back to top Go down
virama

virama

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm ok with most things. I prefer if they could have a plausible realistic explanation. Weird visions? Sure, maybe I just drank too much. Lingering "feelings"? Yeah, that's fine. If there's a place animals shun, that's fine with me. Whether or not it's realistically plausible (I honestly have no clue), it can be explained away by physical means. "Maybe there's radiation. Maybe there were chemicals. Maybe there's no food", etc.

As long as there are no sparkly vampires and lycanthropes, however.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi

Mesh'la Runi

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm

virama wrote:
As long as there are no sparkly vampires and lycanthropes, however.
QFE
Back to top Go down
Jedi-Smith

Jedi-Smith

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm

One word

Psykers!
Back to top Go down
NitWhit
NitWhit

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 am

I'm fine with the supernatural along the lines that you stated Havok. But yes as virama stated, no sparkly vampires or werewolves or I might fully loose my sanity.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 am

NitWhit wrote:
I'm fine with the supernatural along the lines that you stated Havok. But yes as virama stated, no sparkly vampires or werewolves or I might fully loose my sanity.

heh no need to worry about that. The only sparkly vampires would be crazy dude who turned glow in the dark
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 pm

In the interests of science I will make a post with a sparkly vampire in.

The experiment? See how long it takes to unite Mesh, Nit and Virama in a move to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi

Mesh'la Runi

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Frosty wrote:
In the interests of science I will make a post with a sparkly vampire in.

The experiment? See how long it takes to unite Mesh, Nit and Virama in a move to kill me.

As long as he isn't impenetrable to bullets through the nasal cavity, I'm good. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jedi-Smith

Jedi-Smith

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:39 pm

I say again psykers for the win man. Anyone familiar with the 40k universe should agree that pyskers would make a excellent addition to the insanity that is about to unfold.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Jedi-Smith wrote:
I say again psykers for the win man. Anyone familiar with the 40k universe should agree that pyskers would make a excellent addition to the insanity that is about to unfold.

I love 40k

but no... we might encounter people who think they're psychic or might be able to do do interesting things but no, no psykers
Back to top Go down
Jedi-Smith

Jedi-Smith

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:49 am

ok no pyskers, but perhaps there can be a clan of librarians or some such who are trying to collect a proper accounting of world history given maybe like some information has been lost in the Event
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi

Mesh'la Runi

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:14 am

Jedi-Smith wrote:
ok no pyskers, but perhaps there can be a clan of librarians or some such who are trying to collect a proper accounting of world history given maybe like some information has been lost in the Event

Makes me think of Fallen Earth. There's a quest where you have to go and find books, which are now hard to come by, so that they can put them into some master collection or library or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The supernatural Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supernatural   The supernatural Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The supernatural
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ragnarök :: General Discussion :: Story Ideas-
Jump to: