Ragnarök
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Californian Council

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedi-Smith

Jedi-Smith

The Californian Council Empty
PostSubject: The Californian Council   The Californian Council Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am

[OOC-This is just an idea but I figured it can just help to bulk up our codex Smile, feel free to let me know thoughts and the like. Or personal threads of death and destruction.]

"Los Angeles and San Franciso are burning husks. It's hard to think of California without some of our best cities and some of our brightest minds but like the gold miners from 49 we are a people who persevere through the harsh and the tough. Our lands may be rough and arid but our spirit is resolute. To this measure the council was created, a sovereign body to ensure the continued survival of our society. They might be tough at times but these times are some of the toughest the human race has experienced." - Tomas Folker-solar farmer

Leadership

The Council of California is a 12 person council that is the ruling government and highest authority of the former state and their earliest actions were to form stronger defensive barriers to ensure that no one would attempt to get in the way of their new burgeoning farming and solar collection industry.

Decisions are set into major and minor issues by an under-committee and then they are sent up to the council for a vote. Major issues require a three quarters vote to succeed while Minor ones only require a majority.

Military Forces

While the large host of military bases and locations were struck in the waning hours of the destruction there was number of reservists and off duty soldiers survived and with the council they rebuilt California's military and defense after the state broke itself off from the remnants of the United States.

The military, commanded by a formerly retired Marine Corps Major named Ken Baker set out a strict security precedent almost immediately after the state left the union. To ensure the success of their slowly rebuilding economical resource network Baker ordered the borders of California locked up and secure while he took great steps to rebuild the military forces while dealing with the continued effects fallout and other remnants from Day Zero. Presently the bulk of the military force fills a vital security role which the Council hopes to use in an attempt to keep the calm and peace given the continued spread of the parasite after an outbreak of what some call the 'Hunger' struck in Rowland Heights.

[OOC-A note on the military section I'm definitely up for changing it as needed but I figured some sort of military power near Seattle would be a good addition.]

Foreign Policy

The Council is always open to the possibility of formerly rejoining the United States but if they do it will be on their terms. They continue to maintain some measure of neutrality with factions in Mexico given that their main enemy comes in the form of enemies to the East.

[WIP]

Last edited by Jedi-Smith on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: The Californian Council   The Californian Council Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:55 am

[hm, very interesting idea you've got their Smith, might need to look into exploring these heh]
Back to top Go down
https://omnicide.forumotion.com
Jedi-Smith

Jedi-Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Californian Council   The Californian Council Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 pm

[OOC- Cool deal I'll probably look into bulking things up a bit when I have some tiempo]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Californian Council   The Californian Council Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Californian Council
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ragnarök :: Role Playing :: Info Center-
Jump to: